Mercy Iowa City is an acute care hospital and regional referral center that draws patients from throughout southeast Iowa.
The Mercy campus near downtown Iowa City includes the hospital, medical office building, and cancer center.
Why Work at Mercy Iowa City?
Our strength rests with our employees, all of whom contribute to the overall excellence of our hospital.
- Annual free employee health screening
- Fresh fruit Friday
- Mercy has been designated as a Blue Zones Certified Worksite
- Wellness-related lunch-n-learns
- Wellness Wednesday breakfast/lunch options
- Calorie counts listed for cafeteria menu options
We offer competitive salaries, annual performance evaluations, and annual salary adjustments commensurate with job performance, along with a wide range of benefits.
Our employees boast a wide background in everything from patient care to education, technical to operational support services.
The Mercy Difference – Our Quality
- Blue Distinction designations from Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Iowa in Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery, and Heart Care.
- Five-star ratings in Total Hip Replacement and Total Knee Replacement from HealthGrades. In 2009 we did more hip and knee procedures than any hospital in the ten-county area.
- Top 10% in the nation for speed in opening the blocked arteries of a heart attack patient. Mercy collaborates with emergency service providers and rural hospitals to provide timely care to heart attack patients.
- Our heart surgery program ranked in the top 10% of the nation for 2009.
- Ranked #1 in Patient Satisfaction of area hospitals by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, based on the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS).